Intermediate / Senior Underwriter – Casualty (Full-Time)
Remote for now
Type of Job
About the job
We are seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our team as a Senior Underwriter in our
Commercial Casualty division. This is a full-time position, located in Burlington, ON, that will service brokers across Canada.
Please note that given the ongoing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this is a remote-working position until further notice.
• Proactively seek business opportunities including the underwriting and quoting of new business, renewal business and related endorsements in accordance with Unique’s underwriting philosophy and appetite, rating, loss ratio objectives, service standards and authority;
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity;
• Complete detailed pipeline assessments with key distributors to identify growth opportunities;
• Complete all necessary documentation to support the Commercial Lines book of business;
• Develop, foster and maintain positive constructive relationships with brokers across Canada;
• Develop a team-oriented approach to meeting corporate and department goals and objectives; including premium and profitability targets.
Role Skillset and Experience Required:
• Minimumfive (5) yearsofunderwriting experience, particularly in: o General Liability and Umbrella Liability
• Detail-oriented with strong analyticalskills, highly organized and capableofmanagingmultiple deadlines;
• Highlymotivatedwith a self-starter attitude;
• Strong decision-makingskills;
• Customerfocused and to demonstrate excellent communication skills –written and verbal;
• Superiorinterpersonalskills, as youwould be a key contributorto the team’ssuccess;
• AdvancedknowledgeoftheMicrosoftOffice Suite;
• Chartered Insurance Professional(CIP) designation is preferred.
Unique Risks Ltd. is a Managing General Agent (MGA) specializing in unique, non-standard or hard to place risk solutions. Our expertise lies in Commercial General Liability (CGL) as well as Umbrella & Excess insurance. Licensed from coast-to-coast, our goal is to find creative insurance solutions for our valued broker partners when standard markets cannot or are unwilling to accommodate a particular risk or segment.
Burlington, ON, Canada