Intermediate / Senior Underwriter – Casualty
Type of Job
About the job
We are seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our team as a Senior Underwriter in our
Commercial Casualty division. This is a full-time position, located in Burlington, ON, that will service brokers across
Canada. Please note that given the ongoing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this is a remote-working position
until further notice.
• Proactively seek business opportunities including the underwriting and quoting of new business, renewal business and related endorsements in accordance with Unique’s underwriting philosophy and appetite, rating, loss ratio objectives, service standards and authority;
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity;
• Complete detailed pipeline assessments with key distributors to identify growth opportunities;
• Complete all necessary documentation to support the Commercial Lines book of business;
• Develop, foster and maintain positive constructive relationships with brokers across Canada;
• Develop a team-oriented approach to meeting corporate and department goals and objectives;
including premium and profitability targets.
Role Skillset and Experience Required:
• Minimum, five (5) years of underwriting experience, particularly in:
o General Liability and Umbrella Liability
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, highly organized and capable of managing multiple deadlines;
• Highly motivated with a self-starter attitude;
• Strong decision-making skills;
• Customer focused and to demonstrate excellent communication skills –written and verbal;
• Superior interpersonal skills, as you would be a key contributor to the team’s success;
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
• Chartered Insurance Professional(CIP) designation is preferred.
Keys to Success:
The successful applicant can work independently and is keenly aware of maintaining an exceptional client experience through engaging relationships and embracing accountability. He / She can quickly adapt to changing conditions and offer a natural curiosity to explore new opportunities or innovations and can embrace a cooperative
and collaborative dialogue with the team.
• An independent and secure privately held company;
• A competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, paid time off and benefits;
• The opportunity to work on an inclusive team with strong leadership support;
• A diverse team with a collaborative atmosphere;
• A progressive firm that values and promotes inclusivity, transparency and open dialogue;
• Competitive Educational benefits including relevant course tuition and encouragement;
• The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
To apply for this exciting role, please click, apply now to email your CV to us.
One of our team members will be in touch.